NBS Building Regulations is an online resource offering instant access to the Building Regulations Approved Documents for England, Approved Documents for Wales, Scottish Technical Handbooks and the Northern Ireland Technical Booklets, with additional tools to help you quickly browse, search and locate the guidance you need.
- 24/7 access
- Easy to reference, quick to search
- Regular updates
- Full UK coverage, England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Supporting government publications and guides
- Direct links to vast reference library, including British Standards & euronorms
- How-to design tips from NBS Shortcuts
- Historic documents archive
- Direct links from NBS Specification software
And much more, for only
- read more
Guidance on how to comply with the Building Regulations in England from the Department of Communities & Local Government. read more...
- A Structure
- B1 Fire safety - Volume 1: Dwellinghouses|
- B2 Fire safety - Volume 2: Buildings other than dwellinghouses|
- C Site preparation and resistance to contaminants and moisture|
- D Toxic substances
- E Resistance to the passage of sound|
- F Ventilation
- G Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency
- H Drainage and waste disposal|
- J Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems|
- K Protection from falling, collision and impact|
- L1A Conservation of fuel and power - new dwellings|
- L1B Conservation of fuel and power - existing dwellings
- L2A Conservation of fuel and power - new buildings other than dwellings|
- L2B Conservation of fuel and power - existing buildings other than dwellings|
- M1 Dwellings
- M2 Buildings other than dwellings|
- N Glazing - safety in relation to impact, opening and cleaning - Withdrawn|
- P Electrical safety - dwellings
- 7 Materials and workmanship|
These Technical Handbooks from the Scottish Building Standards Agency provide guidance on achieving the standards set in the Building (Scotland) Regulations. read more...
- Domestic 0 General|
- Domestic 1 Structure|
- Domestic 2 Fire|
- Domestic 3 Environment|
- Domestic 4 Safety|
- Domestic 5 Noise|
- Domestic 7 Sustainability|
The Technical Booklets are published by the Department of Finance and Personnel of the Northern Ireland Government. They outline construction methods that satisfy the requirements of the Building Regulations in Northern Ireland. read more...
- B Materials and workmanship
- C Site preparation and resistance to moisture|
- D Structure
- E Fire Safety
- F1 Conservation of fuel and power in dwellings
- F2 Conservation of fuel and power in buildings other than dwelling|
- G Sound
- G1 Sound (conversions)|
Updated Technical Handbooks for Scotland
Revisions to Technical Handbooks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 which come into force in October 2015 are now available.
To download these revised editions please use the links below:
Domestic 2 Structure
Non-Domestic 2 Structure
Domestic 3 Environment
Non-Environment 3 Environment
Domestic 4 Safety
Non-Domestic 4 Safety
Domestic 5 Noise
Non-Domestic 5 Noise
Domestic 6 Energy
Non-Domestic 6 Energy
Domestic 7 Sustainability
Non-Domestic 7 Sustainability
Current versions are available on the Scotland Home page
New Approved Documents for England - Part E, G, H, M1, M2 and Q
Revisions to Part E (6 April 2015) and to Parts G, H, M1, M2 and the new Approved Document Q which are due to come into effect in October 2015. Ensure you have the latest England only Approved Documents for your project requirements with NBS Building Regulations.
To download these latest editions please use the links below:
E Resistance to the passage of sound (from 6 April 2015)
G Sanitation, hot water safety and water efficiency (from October 2015)
H Drainage and waste disposal (from October 2015)
M1 Access to and use of buildings - Dwellings (from October 2015)
M2 Access to and use of buildings - Buildings other than dwellings (from October 2015)
Q Security - Dwellings (from October 2015)
New Approved Document for Wales
Revisions to Approved Documents B (Fire Safety) Volume 1 dwellinghouses and Volume 2 buildings other than dwellinghouses will come into force in January 2016 to reflect the introduction of the requirements for dwellinghouses and flats.
To download these latest editions please use the link below:
New Technical Booklet for Northern Ireland - B
New Technical Booklet B Materials and Workmanship is due to come into effect on 1st October 2013.
To download the booklet please use the links below:
A regular series of illustrated "how-to" articles, NBS Shortcuts look at a wide range of practice, regulatory and design guidance subjects, with easy to follow text and hand-drawn graphic details. Thease guides will help you get to grips with the Building Regulations. read more...
Easy-to-use guides to understanding and complying with the provisions outlined in the Approved Documents, plus DCLG's secondary documents as referenced by Part L. read more...