Find out more about our product range
A full, up-to-date and orderly technical library is an invaluable resource to any practice. However in a busy office, maintaining a library is usually not a priority. We offer a solution: NBS Office Library Service.
The NBS Office Library Service will be tailored to meet your needs. From library installation to regular library management, each practice receives a bespoke service designed to their requirements.
Choose a fully maintained library service
This service includes the selection and sourcing of a range of catalogues or trade literature from relevant manufacturers and the updating of existing library content. This highly relevant and up to date information is then classified for ease of use and added to the electronic office library index.
This library will also include: Essential reference check lists including British Standard (BS) and Building Research Establishment (BRE) information; Data sheets conforming to BS 4940: and Technical information on construction products and services produced on behalf of manufacturers by RIBA Enterprises technical writers.
Once installed your local NBS Office Library Service librarian will visit your practice as required to keep your library tidy and up to date.
Choose the Keyfile library
For small or new practices, you may find the Keyfile-only library service more suitable. Keyfile is a core collection of technical information updated twice a year. The updates can either be installed by your local NBS Office Library Service librarian or alternatively you can choose to carry out the updates in-house.
By subscribing to Keyfile, you will also benefit from: Essential reference check lists including British Standard (BS) and Building Research Establishment (BRE) information; Data sheets conforming to BS 4940; Technical information on construction products and services produced on behalf of manufacturers by RIBA Enterprises technical writers; and the electronic office library index.
NBS Office Library Index
Whichever service you choose, you will have access to the Office Library Index (OLi). OLI is an electronic search tool designed to supersede card-indexed libraries. The OLI contains Keyfile information, updated automatically, and the full library content of fully maintained customers.
OLI also contains up-to-date manufacturer information fed regularly from the market-leading RIBA Product Selector of nearly 8,000 manufacturers and suppliers and 1,000 advisory organisations.
Fully maintained service
- Up to date – Superseded catalogues and those of manufacturers no longer trading are removed and new technical literature is requested and installed
- Orderly – All library content is classified and can be entered in to OLi
- Confidence – That you can find the up-to-date information you need
- Assurance – Your library is in the hands of expert, experienced librarians
- Flexible service – The service is tailored to your needs and can be changed if needed.
- Up to date – Lists of superseded catalogues and those of manufacturers no longer trading are removed and new technical literature provided
- Orderly – Keyfile library content can be classified and can be found on OLi
- Core content – Keyfile library includes: essential reference check lists including British Standard (BS) and Building Research Establishment (BRE) information; data sheets conforming to BS 4940; and technical information on construction products and services produced on behalf of manufacturers by RIBA Enterprises technical writers
Office Library Index
- Simple searching – Multiple ways to search for information, quickly
- Company data – Including product information, contact details for direct correspondence and web links to explore further information resources
- Catalogue details – Including product types contained within them, classified library location, format, and ‘container’ in which catalogue information is stored, tailored to each practice’s library content
- Reports – A series of specific reports can be generated for updating and library administration
NBS Office Library Service is an annual subscription service.
As the fully maintained service is a bespoke service, the price is based upon your specific requirements following a no obligation consultation.
To arrange a consultation either complete our online form or call the 0845 456 6501.
The Keyfile library maintained service costs £220+VAT. This includes two updates per year, access to Keyfile information on OLi and your local librarian visiting to carry out the update process twice a year.
To order the Keyfile library maintained service, contact us on 0845 456 6501.
The Keyfile library self-service costs £145+VAT. This includes two updates per year, access to Keyfile information on OLi, and you will carry out the updating of this service in-house.
To order the Keyfile library self-service, contact us on 0845 456 6501.
Minimum System Requirements
- Internet Explorer version 7 or higher or equivalent
- Screen resolution: 800 x 600 in 16 bit colour
- Adobe Acrobat reader
- Microsoft Word or similar word processing software
- Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software
- 50Mb file storage space, preferably on the network, with a dedicated 'OLS' folder