The Advisory Panel is a group of about 45 built environment professionals brought together by NBS. We consult with the Panel to discuss the current issues facing the industry and deepen our understanding of how technical information is used in design and construction.
Panel members benefit from sharing information, ideas and networking with fellow professionals from different disciplines. We also share some of our thinking and development ideas at the early stages.
The current panel is comprised of architects, technologists, cost consultants, engineers, contractors, facilities managers and manufacturers from private and public sector organizations. The panel members have different areas of interest and expertise, and come from many different places. Some, but not all, members are NBS customers.
We aim to achieve the following:
- Better understand the current issues facing you as construction professionals and meet the needs of the industry
- Improve our knowledge of how you use our products, how you think they should improve and what you think about proposals to enhance them
- Receive feedback on the way we interact with our customers so we can improve the services we provide and therefore our relationships with customers
- Be more open about our intentions and plans, with the aim of being both proactive and reactive in our strategy, product development and customer management.
We engage with Panel members in different ways with the focal point being a series of meetings. These meetings take place in a variety of locations around the UK.
What is expected of a Member?
As a member you would be expected to:
- Commit to being a member for two years. We will meet with members to discuss specific topics about 4-6 times a year, and you would be required to attend a minimum of two meetings a year
- Actively contribute to discussions during sessions, and in some cases, will be required to prepare in advance for the sessions
- Spend time commenting on and trying out new product proposals
- Be available for communication via telephone and e-mail, and other forums such as LinkedIn
How will you and your organization benefit?
In joining the Advisory Panel you will benefit from:
- An opportunity to express your views and opinions regarding current issues affecting you and your company in relation to the construction industry
- Being involved in market leading product development
- Sharing experience and knowledge with other Advisory Panel members as well as NBS staff
- All necessary travel and accommodation expenses paid for attending the working group meetings.
How to join
People usually join the Advisory Panel for 2 years and new recruits are always welcome.
Please contact us at advisory@theNBS.com for an informal chat. Applications are welcome from all disciplines, whether you use NBS or not – all that is required is an understanding of the design and construction phases of building and refurbishment, and an understanding of the types of information needed by construction disciplines.