We provide strategic, bespoke research for organisations working in and supporting the built environment. These include construction product manufacturers and suppliers, government departments, NGOs and professional bodies.
What makes us different?
We are uniquely positioned to provide research services to the industry as we have:
- Extensive knowledge of design, specification, product selection, and how this is changing in the light of industry developments such as BIM
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment
- A strong track record of producing high quality research within the construction sector
- A wide range of expertise at our fingertips including technical information specialists such as architects, surveyors and engineers
How do we help construction product manufacturers?
If you are a construction product manufacturer or supplier, we can help you to:
- Better understand how your products are chosen by designers and contractors
- Learn how best to refine existing products to meet market need
- Review your branding and positioning
- Refine your communications so that your messages reach the right audience
- Find out how new technologies are affecting the design and maintenance of buildings and what this means for product selection.
Read more about how we work with manufacturers in our brochure.
How do we help government departments and NGOs?
We can help you to:
- Assess awareness of regulations and standards
- Assess how well industry professionals understand the regulatory framework and their place in it
- Understand how regulations, standards and guidance are perceived by industry professionals
- How regulations, standards and guidance might be improved to help users and aid compliance.
You can read an example of our work for the UK Government’s Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG): Usability research: Building Regulations Approved Documents B and M.
How do we help professional bodies?
We can help you to:
- Research pressing issues and industry trends
- Understand how such issues and trends are affecting your members: what are the challenges and what are the opportunities/benefits?
- Identify how you can provide the support and guidance that your members will value
- Help to raise awareness of industry issues and trends by publishing the research in a balanced and open way.
Please see some examples of our research reports:
We use the following approaches in our research and will recommend the most effective combination for your project.
- Desk research of secondary data such as competitor analysis, market size and structure
- Website assessments and web analysis
- Quantitative surveys to provide a sound statistical base for your research
- In-depth qualitative research such as focus groups or interviews.
All projects are carried out independently to Market Research Society (MRS) standards.
Want to know more?
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss an upcoming research project with one of the team.Contact us