Please Note: the process below is the same for NBS Landscape - you are simply replacing NBS Building for NBS Landscape.
Occasionally a normal reinstall of NBS Building will not effectively resolve the issue at hand, resulting in a clean reinstall being required.
Uninstall NBS Building
PLEASE NOTE: you may need Admin access to proceed with the below, if you do not have this access please contact your IT team or System Administrator.
- Firstly uninstall NBS Building within Control Panel.
- Now launch Windows explorer and navigate to the following location - C:\Program Files (x86)\NBS\NBS Building. Here delete everything except for the following folder (unless it is empty, then simply delete the NBS Building folder):
- Office standard - this can contain user generated specs/prelims.
Clearing the registry
Once all relevant files are removed, please access the registry - to do this please click Start (or the Windows logo) then type regedit (if you feel unsure or uncomfortable editing the registry, please contact your IT team).
Now please navigate through the registry and delete the following folders (if there are no other NBS software's installed, you can simply delete the BDS Ltd. folder):
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BDS Ltd.\NBS Building
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BDS Ltd.\NBS Specifier\NBS Building
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BDS Ltd.\NBS Building\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BDS Ltd.\NBS Specifier\NBS Building\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BDS Ltd.\NBS Building\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BDS Ltd.\NBS Specifier\NBS Building\
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and click on the first folder - you should see a list appear on the right, and near the bottom focus only on ProductName. Using your keyboard arrow key down, go through each folder (do not expand them) and check if it says NBS Building in that row - delete that folder.
- If this process is taking too long (which can be the case if the machine contains a lot of softwares), it would be easier to search for the NBS Building folder within Edit > Find... > type in NBS Building.
Now NBS Building has been completely removed from your machine.
Reinstall NBS Building
Reinstall the software via one of the following methods:
- Standalone Install - run the StandAloneInstallation.exe file from either the extracted download folder, or the disk.
- Network Install - browse to the network unpack location on the share, right-click on clientinstall.exe and choose Run as administrator (regardless if you are logged in as the Admin or not).
Once installed, launch the software and either point at the existing licence or re-licence as per standard procedure.