Beta tester role description
Beta testers have the unique opportunity to directly contribute and influence NBS/RIBAE product quality by testing what we are developing. To comment on design proposals and test prototype and pre-release versions of our products and services before general release to the public ensuring that what is in development is of appropriate quality to meet the needs of our customers (You).
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Membership to the Beta Test Programme for 1 year
- Beta testing activity may include commenting on design proposals, testing prototypes and pre-release versions of our desktop and online products and services
- Actively contribute by submitting comments, suggestions and results from the Beta Test activity you have conducted.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Belong to an organisation in the construction or built environment industry
- Be prepared to share your experiences and views of the product/s you have chosen to test
- Have knowledge of the products' application and be in a position to use it proficiently within your work environment in realistic scenarios.
You will be:
- Keen to contribute to developing the quality of NBS/RIBAE products and services
- An active user of our products or understand their application in your profession
- Able to take part when we inform you on what, how and when to test
- A good communicator to feedback information from your testing activity
- Honest with your opinions and where possible comment on whether they are shared or personal
- Able to suggest improvements constructively in prototype, design, function and developing areas undergoing beta testing.
- Methodical, analytical and be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
In joining the Beta Test Programme you will benefit from:
- Directly influencing the development quality of a product you use
- An opportunity to share your experience and knowledge and express your views and opinions regarding our products in development
- Being involved in market-leading product development
- Access to the latest test products that will be provided for the duration of your membership with the Beta Test Programme
- Where appropriate a free of charge Beta Test Licence will be provided for the duration of your membership with the Beta Test Programme for the product/s you choose to test
- To have early exposure to up and coming product developments before the rest of the market
- Direct contact with NBS Quality Assurance (QA) and developers where appropriate
- Recognition as a valued contributor to the programme.