SummaryThe managed install allows the network administrator to apply NBS Create as a Group Policy to selected users or machines using the Active Directory in Windows Server.
Client machines that are added to the policy will automatically have the NBS Create software installed when they are rebooted following the application of the policy. This means that the software can be installed on any number of client machines without the need to visit each machine.
The following pre-requisites must be installed prior to the installation of NBS Create:
Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.2 FullMicrosoft Visual C++ 2010
These can be downloaded from Microsoft.com
Access through your company proxy or firewall
If you have a proxy or firewall that could potentially block NBS Create from connecting to the NBS network you must allow access to the following addresses:
*denotes a wildcard for sub-domains.
- Download the latest version of NBS Create from Downloads.
- Unzip the download then copy the contents to a network server location.
Creating the managed install
- On the server go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Identify the domain where you want to create the required Organisational Unit (OU).
- Right click on the domain and select New > Organisational Unit.
- Name the Organisational Unit as necessary and click OK.
- The Organisational Unit will then be created and listed below the domain.
- The required client machines will now have to be moved to the correct Organisational Unit; to do this navigate through the domain tree structure to Computers.
- Right click onto the Computers you wish to add and select Move.
- Select the required Organisational Unit and click OK.
- This will then move the required computers to the chosen Organisational Unit.
- Once the Organisation Unit has been setup and all required computers have been added, you can then go into Group Policy Management to create the Group Policy Object (GPO). To do this go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management.
- Right click on your required Organisational Unit, select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here.
- Name your required Group Policy and click OK. This will then add the newly created GPO.
- Click the plus sign to view the GPO.
- Right click on the GPO and select Edit. This will then open the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Select Computer Configuration to roll the Group Policy out to machines rather than users. Expand Polices > Software Settings and right-click in Software Installation.
- Select New and then Package.
- Browse to the location where the CD/download was previously copied to and then select the NBS Create MSI file and click Open.
- You will then be prompted to assign the software or look at the advanced options. Check that Assigned is selected then click OK.
- The software package will be added and the Group Policy has now been created.
- The next time that each client machine that is part of the selected Domain or Organisational Unit is restarted the Group Policy will be applied installing the NBS Create.