Download the latest version of the NBS Create software and find out what's included in the latest content and software updates.
*A valid NBS subscription is required to access the full functionality of this program. Find out more about NBS Create.
NBS Create – Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10
Released: December 2016
NBS Create – Microsoft Windows XP and Vista only
Released: August 2016
v1.7.1 - December 2016
Helping you to achieve more compact published outputs
When creating a specification in NBS Create, users select the appropriate systems to suit their project. When it comes to adding the detail, including product clauses and execution clauses, these can often be used by more than one system. We know from talking to users that having more flexibility when publishing these ‘shared’ clauses could help achieve a more compact published document.
You can now choose to show shared clauses in full once per document or every time.
Choosing the ‘once per document’ option helps to achieve a more compact output. Publish the shared clause once in full, with hyperlinks back to this fully published information included against all other instances of this repeated clause within your specification. These hyperlinks help with ease of reference across export to word, pdf, print and print preview formats.
Where the full clause appears, it helpfully lists all instances of where this clause features within your published specification .
This feature was developed in response to feedback from you, our NBS Create customers. Users from Stride Treglown, FaulknerBrowns and EPR were involved in the development, providing a more detailed understanding of user’s needs.
If you are interested in getting involved in future feature or content development, please email your NBS Create Product Manager.
- Improved export menu making the range of options available to you more easy to view.
Further to direct liaison with relevant customers, we no longer develop NBS Create for Microsoft Windows Vista or XP operating systems. This follows removal of support by Microsoft. The last version of NBS Create available for these formats (v1.6.1) is available for download if required.
v1.6.1 - August 2016
Introduction of the new NBS brand
NBS Create is among the first of our NBS products to see the introduction of the new NBS brand. The application of the new NBS brand provides a visually appealing, refreshed interface.
This update includes fixes to a number of software issues including:
- Presentation of long system titles in Table of Contents.
- New and existing users are now able to edit display name. Find out more
- Duplicate systems are now logically ordered by clause reference, then alphabetically by suffix.
- Missing specification title produces an error on publishing.
- Type A suffix when only one version of a clause.
- Inline clause revision now published for all clause types not just system outline clauses. Find out more
v1.6 - March 2016
This version of NBS Create provides a new export to Microsoft Word option:
- Delivered in direct response to customer feedback
- Enjoy more flexibility when formatting specifications
- Apply your corporate styles even easier
- Continue to use the range of existing in-product formatting options
- New eLearning module on formatting and printing.
When you are ready to format and publish, consider how the new export to Microsoft Word functionality can benefit you.
- How do I export my specification to Microsoft Word format? (includes 2 videos)
- What is not included in the export to Microsoft Word
- Export to Microsoft Word Style Mappings.
v1.5.3 - December 2015
This is a maintenance update. While we recommend installing it, this is not a mandatory update. NBS Create v1.5.3 is fully compatible with all other versions of NBS Create in use (v1.5.1 and v1.5.2).
v1.5.2 - August 2015
This version of NBS Create fixes known issues within the software including:
- NBS Create closes abruptly when adding new clauses to the beginning of some project management sections
- Deleting clauses caused a broken content link to occur in some specific scenarios
- Random loss of spacing between words when working in the editor
- User unable to delete customer reports
- User experiences performance issues when stopping/hiding updates on larger specifications
- Broken link occurs when highlighting a clause, deleting and saving
- Save All no longer functions after deleting a second level clause
We would encourage users to install this latest update to get the best experience from NBS Create.
Important information for customers with specifications being opened with pre 1.5 versions of NBS Create
Once a specification is opened in NBS Create version 1.5.2 it cannot be edited in versions v1.4.7 or earlier. This is of particular importance if there are a number of colleagues working on a specification together. Please consider this prior to installation. This doesn't affect your office master content.
If you use the NBS Plug-in for Autodesk® Revit® to better coordinate your specification and drawings, there is a new version you will need to install for use with NBS Create 1.5 and above.
v1.5.1 - June 2015
This version of NBS Create fixes known issues within the software. We would encourage users to install this latest update to get the best experience from NBS Create. Go to ‘Updates’ and select ‘Software Updates’ within the NBS Create toolbar (see below) to check which version you are using. From here you will be given a link to the latest software download.
Important information for customers with specifications being opened with pre 1.5 versions of NBS Create only:
- Once a specification is opened in NBS Create version 1.5.1 it cannot be edited in versions v1.4.7 or earlier. This is of particular importance if there are a number of colleagues working on a specification together. Please consider this prior to installation. This doesn't affect your office master content.
- If you use the NBS Plug-in for Autodesk® Revit® to better coordinate your specification and drawings, there is a new version you will need to install for use with NBS Create 1.5 and above.
v1.5 - April 2015
NBS Create version 1.5 delivers improvements across 4 areas as follows:
- All NBS Create users will see a noticeable improvement, particularly users who are working together on the same specification.
Flexibility when saving
- Users can now decide when to save or discard their edits. In previous versions, NBS Create automatically saved all edits to the job.
- If you're editing the specification concurrently across a number of sections, all sections will open as separate tabs. You choose to save the edits in the current section, or across all the sections you are currently editing.
- Unsaved changes in a section are indicated by an asterix.
- Save-reminders are now included in software options. Set these to run from 5 to 60 minute intervals. Default is 15 minutes.
- Save-reminders also appear when closing a section that you've been editing.
Prompts when deleting, exporting and printing
- You'll see a prompt when you delete the last instance of a clause from your job.
- If you're working on a specification at the same time as another user and you try and open a clause they've deleted, the software now lets you know so you can decide whether your next action is to give them a call to discuss OR to refresh your job to include their changes.
- If you try to print or export a job that has unsaved content, we'll let you know.
- If you try to create a milestone with unsaved changes, there's a prompt for this too to check this was your intention and what the impact might be.
Easier to apply NBS content updates to your specifications
- On-screen 'before and after' preview for when there's been multiple changes to a clause.
- You can now add a clause rename into your job with a single step.
If you use the NBS Plug-in for Autodesk Revit® to better coordinate your specification and drawings, there is a new version you will need to install for use with NBS Create 1.5.
v1.4.7 - June 2014
This version of NBS Create introduces new features and many improvements. We recommend that all NBS Create users upgrade to this version and it is highly recommended for customers using Office Masters.
- Key improvements to the performance of Office Masters – essential for all users.
- New options to insert cross references to make it easier to read and navigate printed documents.
- New functionality for searching, sorting and making bulk changes in the Licences and Users page making it easier to manage permissions of large numbers of users.
- Standardisation of placement of clause number on contents pages and throughout the specification – now placing the number before the title.
- Stylesheets now retaining embedded logos.
- System Manufacturer value lists available in duplicated systems.
- Section/system codes on system separator pages corrected.
- Plus many more smaller improvements to the software.