NBS National BIM Report 2014
The fourth NBS National BIM Report – the industry’s most comprehensive report on BIM – looks at how UK building design professionals are adapting to the use of BIM. Results suggest we are now reaching a stage where BIM is becoming the norm.
Essential reading for those adopting – or considering adopting – BIM and available completely free to download.
Interested in BIM content from NBS? Register for our BIM newsletter
What's in the report?
Who is it for?
- Awareness of BIM is now nearly universal
- In the last year 54% have used BIM on at least one project – 15% more than in 2012
- The Government’s 2016 deadline is achievable
- 93% of those who know about BIM believe they will be using it in three years’ time (by 2016)
- A majority of active BIM users tell us they have reached ‘level 2’ BIM
- Adoption of BIM is seen to bring competitive advantage
- Smaller practices are lagging behind their larger competitors
More on the report
- Is Building Information Modelling (BIM) becoming the norm for design teams?
- Standardisation: The spice of life
- BIM and the small practice
- International BIM
- BIM Show Live 2014 – Review
- NBS survey: The BIM that will bring us together, 17 April 2014, Building.co.uk
- Specifiers call for manufacturers to supply more BIM objects, 22 April 2014, specificationonline.co.uk
- BIM users believe it gives them a competitive advantage, 22 April 2014, bdonline.co.uk
Find out more
NBS conferences and seminars
NBS has teamed up with RIBAJ to deliver a series of conferences and forthcoming events:
NBS Live: Digital Thinking, Smart Building
Offering an impressive programme of over 60 speakers, 26 hours of seminars and four key subject areas: BIM, Design, Sustainability and Business and Practice. find out more...
BIM through the Plan of Work
Guiding you through each stage of the RIBA Plan of Work and how to implement this from a BIM perspective giving you greater confidence and understanding in delivering BIM led projects. find out more...
Receive regular email
updates from NBS