NBS National BIM Report 2014
The fourth NBS National BIM Report – the industry’s most comprehensive report on BIM – looks at how UK building design professionals are adapting to the use of BIM. Results suggest we are now reaching a stage where BIM is becoming the norm.
Essential reading for those adopting – or considering adopting – BIM and available completely free to download.
Interested in BIM content from NBS? Register for our BIM newsletter
What's in the report?
Who is it for?
- Awareness of BIM is now nearly universal
- In the last year 54% have used BIM on at least one project – 15% more than in 2012
- The Government’s 2016 deadline is achievable
- 93% of those who know about BIM believe they will be using it in three years’ time (by 2016)
- A majority of active BIM users tell us they have reached ‘level 2’ BIM
- Adoption of BIM is seen to bring competitive advantage
- Smaller practices are lagging behind their larger competitors
More on the report
- Is Building Information Modelling (BIM) becoming the norm for design teams?
- Standardisation: The spice of life
- BIM and the small practice
- International BIM
- BIM Show Live 2014 – Review
- NBS survey: The BIM that will bring us together, 17 April 2014, Building.co.uk
- Specifiers call for manufacturers to supply more BIM objects, 22 April 2014, specificationonline.co.uk
- BIM users believe it gives them a competitive advantage, 22 April 2014, bdonline.co.uk
Find out more
Receive regular email
updates from NBS