NBS National BIM Survey
NBS's National BIM Survey has been released and reveals the latest BIM adoption figures.
We are pleased to say the results for the latest National BIM Survey are now available. The annual industry wide survey, carried out by NBS, provides the most comprehensive and accurate picture of UK BIM (Building Information Modelling) and its growing influence within the built environment industry.
NBS's National BIM Survey was completed in late 2011 by nearly 1,000 construction professionals representing a range of business sizes and disciplines from across the industry including architecture, engineering and surveying. Over 200 RIBA members took were among the participants, making sure the views of the membership came across.
Highlights of the findings include:
- 78% agree the BIM is the future of project information, though how that future will look is uncertain, with 4 out of five agreeing that the industry is not yet clear enough of what BIM actually is
- Almost a third (31%) of construction professionals are now using BIM – up from 13% in 2010
- Three quarters of those construction professionals currently aware of BIM predict they will be using it on some projects by the end of 2012, and almost 19 out of 20 people expect to be using it in five years' time
- More than 80% agreed BIM increases the coordination of construction documents, with 65% of those using the technology saying BIM delivered cost efficiencies.
The report also features several articles from leaders in BIM developments, including:
- BIM and the UK Construction Strategy from David Philp. Head of BIM Implementation, UK Government Cabinet Office
- BIM from the point of view of a small practice from David Miller. Director and Principal Architect, David Miller Architects
- What will BIM mean for design fees? from Stephen Hamil. Director of Design and Innovation, NBS
The full report is now available to download (PDF document).
NBS conferences and seminars
NBS has teamed up with RIBAJ to deliver a series of conferences and forthcoming events:
NBS Live: Digital Thinking, Smart Building
Offering an impressive programme of over 60 speakers, 26 hours of seminars and four key subject areas: BIM, Design, Sustainability and Business and Practice. find out more...
BIM through the Plan of Work
Guiding you through each stage of the RIBA Plan of Work and how to implement this from a BIM perspective giving you greater confidence and understanding in delivering BIM led projects. find out more...
Receive regular email
updates from NBS