According to the CIOB, procurement is 'essentially a series of calculated risks'. Well now a new British Standard, BS 8534, has been produced to help guide those involved through those risks. Davis Langdon’s John Connaughton joins us in the studio to talk through the guide.
- The major issues concerning procurement
- Why is the Standard needed?
- Who will gain from using it?
- The structure of the Standard and how to use it
- Other sources of information on procurement best practice
About the contributors
Dr John Connaughton is a Director at Davis Langdon, an AECOM Company. Since joining the firm in 1985, John has played a leading role in the development of the firm’s consulting arm and was head of Davis Langdon Management Consulting from 2005 to 2011.
John, who leads Davis Langdon’s new Policy Unit, is currently a member of the BCO Environmental Sustainability Group, a trustee of the Construction Youth Trust and chairman of CIRIA Council.