The programme looks at who counts as a contractor, their responsibilities under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 and under other health and safety legislation. Allison Connick, Director of Safety and Environment for CB Richard Ellis, talks us through the issues.
About the contributor(s)
Allison Connick – Director of Health, Safety & Environment, CB Richard Ellis.
Allison is responsible for providing advice to the Health and Safety and Environmental Boards of CBRE and individual departments on development of policies and procedures and the effects of new legislation on the business. Key roles include:
- Preparation of Annual Business Plans in consultation with departments and working with them to ensure implementation;
- Development of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems and ensuring full implementation across the business;
- Acts as key contact with external consultants, contractors, auditors and enforcement authorities;
- Undertakes random audits covering health and safety compliance issues across the Management Services and Facilities Management Divisions;
- Development of health, safety and environmental training programmes for all levels of employees within the business.