The Technology Strategy Board’s (TSB) Retrofit for the Future scheme is a £17m trial to see how the UK housing stock can be overhauled to help meet the Government’s target of reducing CO2 emissions by 80 per cent by 2050.
In this programme we look at two very different properties that have been retrofitted as part of the TSB trial: a London terrace house, and a modern semi-detached property in Crawley, Sussex.
- The rationale behind the TSB Retrofit for the Future programme
- The problem with our existing housing regarding CO2 emissions
- Insulation methodologies; both internal and external
- Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery units explained
- What is the cost and payback time of retrofit schemes?
About the contributors
Paul Davis + Partners retrofit expert and project architect for 100 Princedale Road.
Project manager of 100 Princedale Road for social housing firm Octavia Housing.
Retrofit expert and project lead on the complete overhaul and retrofit of 22 Hastings Road, Crawley, Sussex.