This programme provides a heads-up on the Government’s Low Carbon Construction Action Plan, which was launched by construction Minister Mark Prisk in June 2011. The Plan is designed to provide a structure for taking forward the recommendations in last autumn’s cross-industry Innovation and Growth Team (IGT) report.
- An understanding of the Low Carbon Construction Action Plan
- A heads-up on how the Plan could affect the construction industry
- A discussion on consistency in measuring a building’s carbon
- An explanation of what we can expect from the Green Deal
- The potential for ‘green’ business generated by the Action Plan
About the contributor
Edward Brown is Director of Sustainability at Davis Langdon. After studying History of Art and Architecture at Bristol, Ed gained MScs in Historic Building Conservation and Construction Cost Economics at Bath and Reading Universities respectively.