Access through your company proxy or firewall
If you have a proxy or firewall that could potentially block the NBS Plugin for Autodesk Revit from connecting to the NBS network you must allow the following programs access to the following addresses:
Autodesk Revit for the version(s) being used. Each version of Autodesk Revit e.g. Autodesk Revit 2016 is installed in a separate program directory. You may need to authorise each version.
ServiceInfoToSpex.exe in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\NBSforAutodeskRevit.bundle\Contents\Tools\SpexGen\ServiceInfoToSpex.exe
These applications need access to:
www.nationalbimlibrary.com (including all sub-domains)
services.ribae.com (including all subdomains)
create.thenbs.com (including all subdomains)
(Please note you will not be able to visit the last two sites in your web browser but the applications must have access to them).
Once you have downloaded the NBS Plug-in, extract all files from the .zip folder and then double click on setup.exe
1. The Plug-in installation will begin. Select Next >.
2. Carefully read the Terms and Conditions and select to either Accept, continuing onto the next step of the installation or Do Not Accept to exit the installation wizard. Select Next >.
3. Enter the details of your User Name and Organisation at this step of the installation wizard. Select Next >.
4. Select the your preffered option for the installation. Complete will install all the features of the Plug-in. Custom will allow you to select which features you wish to install. Select Next to continue.
5. The installation process is now ready to begin. Click Install to begin the installation or use the < Back button to review or change your installation settings.
6. Please wait while the Plug-in installs.
7. When the installation is complete click the Finish button. You are now ready to start using the Revit Plug-in Powered by NBS.