When opening up the NBS software on a high resolution monitor, the icons/windows within it appears very small and certain areas are not accessible.
This issue is caused by a high screen resolution on a small physical display. This results in Windows applying text scaling to your screen. NBS Software is designed to work up to 125% text scaling, but recent hardware can see this set as high as 300%, causing display irregularities.
Should you encounter this, the solution is to turn down the text scaling. The below screenshots show the location of this in both Windows 7 and Windows 10:
Further InformationIf the issue still persists, then please follow the steps below:
- Locate the NBS software Desktop icon or browse to the .exe file via it's install path (e.g. for NBS Building, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\NBS\NBS Building and locate the NBSBuilding.exe file) - right-click on the icon and click on Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Click on 'Change high DPI settings'.
4. Tick the checkbox for ‘Override high DPI scaling behaviour' - select 'Scaling performed by: System' in the drop down option.
5. Press 'OK’, then 'Apply' and 'OK’ again to close the properties screen.
6. Restart the NBS software.