Delivering a sustainable water cycle
Episode four of the NBS sustainability mini-series looks at water, and how the climate emergency requires a better understanding of water sustainability, flood mitigation and drought. Paul Swaddle, Head of Technical Solutions at NBS will consider water usage with Clare Galland of Everflow Water.
- Focusing on increasing water usage amidst the other sustainability goals
- Flooding, aging infrastructure, energy use, and the global water emergency
- Impact on biodiversity, flood mitigation, bioswales, drainage and risk management
- Technology, water meters, water-saving products and standards.
- What designers can do today, and what is needed from manufacturers
Clare and Paul will discuss how water is a critical part of sustainable development. The session will consider how robust specification and understanding the impact of product selection can mitigate water usage issues, and what individuals and companies can do to protect and restore our fragile, water-centric ecosystem.
Paul Swaddle, Head of Technical Solutions at NBS
Clare Galland, Water Efficiency and Environmental Services Manager at Everflow Water