Managing challenges and risks in the construction industry
Tuesday 13 September, 11am
Few industries face the same variety of risks and challenges as construction, all of which can affect project delivery and lead to costly disputes.
This year’s RIBA Contracts and Law Report highlights that the foundation for a successful construction project is a clear, well-understood, timely and agreed contractual framework.
Join our next webinar hosted by Dr Stephen Hamil on Tuesday, 13 September, at 11:00 am to discuss managing challenges and risks in the construction industry. The webinar will be a deep dive into this year’s RIBA Contracts and Law Report and will feature industry experts that contributed to the report to discuss key topics, including:
- How sustainable requirements are being expressed contractually
- Building Safety Act and the framework of responsibilities set out for ‘duty holders.’
- How collaboration on projects can be expressed contractually
- Legal issues and dispute resolution
- Coordinated project information and robust specifications
Dr Stephen Hamil, Innovation Director at NBS
Adrian Malleson, Head of Economic Research and Analysis at the RIBA
Kate Foster, Technical Author at NBS
Rosemary Beales, Contracts Adviser at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering