The construction industry is rapidly becoming more digitised, and so too are the tools needed to work safely and effectively. This digitisation has accelerated in the last year as the industry has adapted to working remotely during the pandemic.
After careful consultation with our customers, we have decided that now is the right time to retire NBS Create, Building, Landscape, Scheduler, Domestic and Binders and Discs and support all our customer to move to NBS Chorus.
This page includes information about the retirement for each our legacy products.
Product retirement status
NBS Create has now retired. You can only access your projects in read-only mode within the product.
NBS Building and Landscape have now retired. You can only view your existing projects through the read-only viewer.
NBS Binder and Discs has now retired for all customers. All content and future updates are available in Chorus.
NBS Scheduler will retire on 30 November 2021. After this date, support and access to the platform will end. We recommend that, if you haven’t already, you start using Chorus for new projects straight away.
NBS Domestic will retire in December 2021. Any customer who purchased by June 2021 will have access to the Domestic website to complete and publish projects until December 2021. After December 2021, Domestic website and support will no longer be available. We recommend that all customers get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best alternative subscription to suit your needs.
NBS Building Regulations will retire on 31 December 2021. The information provided on the NBS Building Regulations is available through the following websites:
As an existing NBS customer, you already have access to NBS Chorus, and if you have not already, you can get started straight away. You can log into NBS Chorus and enter your NBS ID and password to log in. If you don’t have an NBS ID, you can set one up.
Here are a few of the benefits that customers moving to Chorus have seen:
- Write specifications up to 70% faster. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, reducing the impact of repetitive tasks – making specification writing less of a grind.
- Chorus is a fully online specification platform for construction. Access anywhere, on any device (including Mac), with lightning-fast performance and no complicated installs for IT to manage.
- Collaborate with team members on specifications in real-time, across organisations and locations.
- Reduce your risk. As with all NBS products, you can rely on our expert team to keep on top of thousands of changes to construction standards. The content automatically updates, reducing your risk of using out of date information.
- Access to high-quality content. Chorus offers the most comprehensive, high-quality content available, with multiple content sets and links to standards. Options are available to specify using the Uniclass 2015 classification required for BIM projects or Common Arrangement of Work Sections (CAWS – as used in NBS Building). An option is also available for Small Works.
- Develop your model and your specification together inside the leading design tools, including Autodesk Revit, Vectorworks and Graphisoft Archicad.
- Choose from 26,000 manufacturer products ready for your projects. Chorus works directly with NBS Source, our product data platform.