The construction industry is rapidly becoming more digitised, and so too are the tools needed to work safely and effectively. This digitisation has accelerated in recent months as the industry has adapted to working remotely during the pandemic.
After careful consultation with our customers we’ve taken the decision that now is the right time to begin the process of retiring NBS Create, Building, Landscape and Binders and Discs, and to support all our specifiers in moving to NBS Chorus.
We’ll be helping you at every step of the way through a phased approach to retirement, giving you the time you need to plan, and making sure you quickly see the benefits of cloud specification with NBS Chorus.
This page contains everything you need to know about the transition, how it benefits you and what happens next.
How this helps you:
We believe NBS Chorus is the future and will help you specify faster, more effectively and more efficiently. It includes all of the content from NBS Create, Building and Landscape, along with an innovative set of features designed to make specification writing easier.
Here are a few of the benefits that customers moving to Chorus have seen:
- Write specifications up to 70% faster. The platform is intuitive and easy to use, reducing the impact of repetitive tasks – making specification writing less of a grind. The interface is powerful yet familiar to users of NBS Create, Building and Landscape.
- Chorus is a fully online specification platform for construction. Access anywhere, on any capable device (including Mac), with lightning-fast performance and no complicated installs for IT to manage. Start your project on your laptop, finish on your tablet or mobile - NBS Chorus keeps your specification in sync, wherever you are.
- Collaborate with team members on specifications in real-time, across organisations and locations.
- Reduce your risk. As with all NBS products, you can rely on our expert NBS team to keep on top of thousands of changes to construction standards. The content automatically updates, reducing your risk of using out of date information.
- Access to high-quality content. Chorus offers the most comprehensive, high-quality content available, with multiple content sets and links to standards. Options are available to specify using the Uniclass 2015 classification required for BIM projects or Common Arrangement of Work Sections (CAWS – as used in NBS Building). An option is also available for Small Works.
- Develop your model and your specification together inside the leading design tools, including; Autodesk Revit, Vectorworks and Graphisoft ARCHICAD.
- Choose from 22,000 manufacturer products. Chorus works directly with NBS Source, our brand new product data platform.
How will the retirement work?
Our aim is to make your move to Chorus as easy and straightforward as possible, via a fully managed process and tools to help import your existing projects.As an existing NBS customer, you already have access to NBS Chorus as part of your subscription, and if you haven't already, you can get started straight away. You can log into NBS Chorus here and enter your NBS ID and password to log in. If you don’t have an NBS ID, you can set one up here.
As always, a complete range of support and training options are available to help you begin.
You can already import specifications directly from NBS Create into Chorus, and soon this will be extended to include importing from NBS Building and Landscape.
You will still have access to your existing products until the end of June 2021, but we recommend that if you haven't already, that you start using Chorus for new projects straight away. Content updates to Create, Building and Landscape will cease later in 2020.
Key dates for you to be aware of are shown below.*
Moving to NBS Chorus