Get ready for BIM Show Live 2015
BIM Show Live, the UK’s biggest conference and exhibition for those involved in building information modelling, is now just weeks away.
Hundreds of delegates are expected to descend on Manchester Central on 8 and 9 April to share best practice and gather valuable information from industry specialists and peers.
With the 2016 government deadline for the use of Level 2 BIM on all public sector projects looming large, there’s a packed programme in store with conference sessions spread across four stages according to the four BIGBIM streams (Define and Validate, Design and Prototype, Manufacture and Assemble and Operate and Maintain) making it easy to find the sessions that will be of most relevance.
You can find full details of the entire 2015 programme on the BIM Show Live website but show highlights include:
- Dr Stephen Hamil, Director of Design and Innovation at NBS, will be joined by Professor Steve Lockley from the BIM Academy and David Philp from the BIM Task Group to launch the new NBS BIM Toolkit. He’ll be showing how this will benefit not just the construction industry but individual organisations too. This will be the first viewing of the Toolkit in the UK.
Read more about ‘The new BIM Toolkit’
- There’ll be plenty of opportunities to see how others have completed projects using BIM at BIM Show Live. Populous, one of the world’s leading sports architectural practices, will be showcasing its work on the under-construction Etihad stadium, home to Manchester City Football Club, and BAM Construction will be talking about their exemplar mixed use office and retail project at 110 Queen Street in Glasgow.
Read more about ‘Man City Stadium Construction’
Read more about ‘110 Queen Street – A BIM exemplar’
As a gold programme sponsor, you’d expect NBS to be in strong attendance. Sessions to watch out for from NBS include...
- Stefan Mordue, NBS Business Solutions Consultant, will examine how BIM can help influence and prevent construction injuries, drawing on a range of contemporary examples of innovative practice.
Read more about ‘BIM for Health and Safety: Virtually Sorted’
- Ian Chapman, Director of the NBS National BIM Library, will explain the NBS BIM Object Standard – a free-to-use standard that covers essential requirements for BIM objects aimed at getting industry to Level 2 BIM standard. The benefits of a standardised approach to BIM objects will be shared alongside advice on what makes a BIM object great with practical demonstrations showing the benefits in practice.
Read more about ‘Quality BIM Time’
- Ian Chapman will also be part of a panel discussion looking at BIM Specification and the Supply Chain .
- The show will also offer a first glance at the NBS National BIM Report 2015 – an essential barometer of BIM readiness as the 2016 mandate gets closer. There will be preview extracts from the report available ahead of its release mid-April.
Read ‘Five trends to watch in the NBS National BIM Survey 2015’
For more information about BIM Show Live 2015, or to book tickets, call the registration hotline on 01462 743776 or visit www.bimshowlive.co.uk .
Delegate tickets for the show are still available and are priced at £399 and can be booked through the website. Group discounts for parties of 5 or more are available and a limited number of student passes are also available.