This process will install NBS Contract Administrator onto a local machine.
- Insert the NBS Contract Administrator CD. If autorun is enabled on your computer, the installation process will begin automatically. Otherwise, browse to the CD and double click on NBSCASetup.exe. If you have a download file for NBS Contract Administrator, please unzip(extract) the resulting ZIP file. The folder created follows the same structure as the CD. The NBS Contract Administrator start-up pages will now display.
- Select Install or upgrade NBS Contract Administrator from the browser page.
- Click on Install or upgrade NBS Contract Administrator.
- If your computer does not have the Microsoft. NET framework 2.0 or above already installed, you will be prompted to install it; select Install. This is required by NBS Contract Administrator. You may be prompted to restart your machine during this process, and you must do so before continuing with the installation.
- Once the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above has been installed, the NBS Contract Administrator installation will resume and the installation wizard will appear. Click Next.
- Carefully read the Terms and Conditions and select Accept, to continue onto the next step of the installation. If you choose not to accept the terms and conditions, the installation wizard will exit. Click Next.
- Enter details of your user name and organisation in the next step of the installation wizard. Choose between installing the software so that it can be used by any user of the computer or restricting it to the account that is logged on to the machine at the time of installation.
Please note: choosing to allow access only to a single account will prevent other users from accessing the software if they log on with a different account. Click Next.
- You will then be prompted for the location where you wish to install the software; the default location is C:\Program Files\NBS\ (64-bit machines will have a default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\NBS\). Click Next to accept the default location or click the Change... button to browse to a different folder on the local machine. Click Next to continue.
- The installation process is now ready to begin. Click Install to begin the installation or use the Back button to review or change your installation settings.
- On completion of the installation process, start the software by selecting Start > Programs > NBS > NBS Contract Administrator from the Start Menu or click on the NBS Contract Administrator icon on the desktop.
Licensing the software
When you attempt to run NBS Contract Administrator for the first time after installation, the licensing wizard will start to guide you through the steps required to generate a licence code and unlock the software. If you already own an existing license
for NBS Contract Administrator select Existing
and browse to the location
of your licence file.
- To create a new licence file, select New and click Next.
- Select a location to store your license file using the browse icon (the location must be on your machine's local drive space for a Standalone licence).
- The software will now generate a request code and prompt for an authorisation/unlock code. You can obtain your authorisation code by telephoning NBS Customer Services on 0345 456 9594 and quoting the request code. Enter the unlock code and the software will be activated for use.