The ninth NBS National BIM Report is now available. Read the latest on the state of BIM, representing the views of nearly 1,000 industry professionals.
Included in this year’s report
As well as the findings of this year’s BIM survey you will articles from a range of industry perspectives.
- An introduction from NBS CEO, Richard Waterhouse
- Vicki Holmes from contractor Multiplex explains how they promote BIM and collaboration across the project team
- Sean Kerney from engineering firm Mott MacDonald talks about their involvement in a project that uses BIM to reduce poverty around the world
- Turner & Townsend’s George Mokhtar talks about the potential role that Artificial Intelligence can play in construction
- Robert Klaschka from EvrBilt explains how to as-built point cloud scans can provide the construction verification that clients increasingly require.
- Paul Shillcock, co-author of PAS 1192-2, and author of ISO 19650-2 and the UK National Annex, talks about the journey to ISO 19650.
- Velux’s Barbara Entwistle gives us a manufacturer’s perspective on the use of digital technology to improve communication and product innovation.
- Our own Sarah Delany shows how the Uniclass 2015 classification system is being used on projects around the world.
- Jenny Archer from NBS pulls out highlights from the parallel BIM survey we ran with the Construction IT Alliance (CitA) for the first time this year among professionals in Ireland.
The continued high levels of engagement in this research demonstrate BIM’s importance to the industry. It’s great to see how some organisations are making it part of their day-to-day workflows. The challenge now is to help the whole industry do that and experience the benefits BIM can bring
David Bain, Research Manager, NBS
The 2019 BIM report shows
Don't miss future surveys and reports
Get on our research mailing list to receive the latest surveys and reports.