Our first Construction Technology Report, mapping the views, practices and adoption of new technologies across the industry.
Having mapped the adoption of BIM in the UK for almost a decade, we wanted to run a parallel survey to provide a wider perspective of digital transformation.
Included in this years report
- Digital transformation: It's about people and technology. Ben Highfield, Microsoft.
- BDP Technology adoption narrative: Typical project workflows. Alistair Kell, BDP.
- BIM Development technology in the built environment. Glenn Tate, Ryder.
- Our technology stack. Rob Jackson, Bond Bryan Digital.
- Technology in the built environment. Nick Ainscough, IBI Group.
What has the report shown?
- Nearly 90% of survey respondents say that digitisation will transform how they work
- 70% think those who do not adopt digital ways of working will go out of business
- Almost two thirds are using cloud computing now
- One third are now using virtual, augmented or mixed reality
- Many are designing for offsite construction: 41% do so now and further third will be within five years
Digital transformation is not simply the adoption of a set of technologies. As we have seen over the last nine years with the continued rise in the adoption of BIM, digital transformation is about creating a culture of cooperation and innovation, supported by the use of digital tools.
Richard Waterhouse, CEO, NBS