The government encouraged domestic property owners to: "invest in small-scale low-carbon electricity in return for a guaranteed payment for the electricity they generate and use... as well as a guaranteed payment for unused surplus electricity they export back to the grid".
Famously, the Feed In Tariff (the 'guaranteed' funding) for this type of scheme was suddenly halted - challenged in the courts - and the scheme reinstated for a short while. This programme looks at the trials and tribulations of one particular project in north Wales, as well as the financial motivations and benefits that accrue.
- What is the Feed In Tariff?
- Start-up costs and capital expenditure
- Photovoltaic installation advice including the fixings and associated wiring
- Likely income generated on schemes of this type
- Planning tips re: small scale domestic permitted development
- Typical photovoltaic k/whr generation
About the contributors
Gemma Fox and Phil Ireland, homeowners